Golf rangefinders are useful when playing golf, and they help determine the distance to certain points on the golf course. They come as standalone devices or as software that is installed on other devices. Golf rangefinders are better at establishing distance to specific points especially in comparison to traditional methods of determining distance.
They are an effective way for new golfers to improve their game since they do the hard work to help you get it right on the golf course.
There are many golf rangefinders but they mostly fall in two categories: laser and GPS rangefinders. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of these devices:
- Golf rangefinders are accurate and give the correct distance to the pin from anywhere on the green
- They provide a reading to any point on the hole
- Once you purchase these devices, there are no additional costs associated with them
- They give you the slope to the target which is helpful while playing golf
- Golf rangefinders are affordable
- These devices are flexible and come in the form of apps which can be downloaded to a smartphone or obtained for free. There are also standalone gadgets that contain a number of useful features
- Golf rangefinders can give you results on your phone, hat clip, watch or other hand devices. They generate the results quickly and conveniently
- Golf rangefinders provide sufficient information which is particularly helpful for first time golf players. They can give the distance to the water, bunker, and show any hazards. You also get information on the size and shape of the green for better management
- These devices are helpful at most golf courses
- The accuracy of golf rangefinders vary from one device to the other. Some devices do not give an acceptable reading
- Not all golf rangefinders are useful on all golf courses
- Some of the golf rangefinders are difficult to use
- You have to incur some expenditure to get an accurate golf range finder
- There is some time lag to determine the reading, and some rangefinders require accurate aiming to the target object
- At times, you only get readings to objects that are visible to your eyes
- You need a steady hand to use the standalone devices
If you want to learn more about the different golf rangefinders in the market, read this page.